At Motilent, we are on a mission to change how we see the gut. Founded in 2014, we use the latest in medical imaging science to create tools for clinicians that lead to better patient outcomes in chronic gut conditions such as Crohn’s disease. We follow an audited ISO 13485 Quality Management System.
Having secured further funding, we are seeking to grow our tech team with passionate and self-motivated individuals who have experience working within commercially-driven teams.
As a successful applicant, you will have the opportunity to work alongside world-leading experts to define and develop new cutting-edge clinical products which will impact on patient care both within the NHS as well as globally. As a software engineer, you will efficiently specify, implement, verify and help validate new user needs and change requests from all sources. You will be expected to update and maintain the necessary technical documentation and work to the high standards required by our quality management system. This involves mutual peer-review of specification, code and verification activities. You will bring expertise in 1 or more key product technologies and actively survey the technical landscape for new opportunities to improve the product and the efficiency of development activities. Crucially you will work with the technical product lead and CTO to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Pick-up and run with new technologies and languages.
- Specification, risk-assessment, prioritization, measurement, design, implementation and verification of product tasks according to our standard operating procedures.
- Scrutinize and peer-review the work of others in the team
- Help maintain the product technical backlog, identifying areas for improvement, technical debt.
- Work with the technical product lead to help define the architecture and bring your engineering experience.
- Caring that the code quality of the software system implementation is aligned with Motilent coding standards and practices
- Research, investigation and prototyping of new technologies
- Collaborating with other team members including regular communication of progress of tasks
- Eager and self-motivated to learn and assist others in improving how we develop software
- Support and maintenance activities for software issues
- Pursue learning and self-development and sharing of knowledge with others
>2 years as a software engineer within a commercial enterprise with evidence of keen problem-solving skills and able to use initiative to solve technical challenges
Academic background: degree in a numerate discipline with a sound mathematical base. (or equivalent courses)
Areas of commercial expertise: Linux development, backend development, web services, RESTful APIs, cloud deployment, CI/CD, containerization, modern web UI frameworks (e.g. React)
Project management: Ideally worked under a formal quality system
Location: Applicants must be UK based
- Work with world-leading clinical experts in the gastrointestinal field
- Have your software deployed to clinical institutions in the UK helping patients manage their conditions
- Engineer robust, high-quality software. With the time to do things properly.
- 35h working week
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- 25d paid holiday + bank holidays
- Remote working options within the UK
- Budget and time for learning on the job
- Your choice of company laptop
What is Motilent’s company culture?
Motilent aims to deliver quantitative tooling into day-to-day clinical practice for GI diagnosis and treatment response. We achieve this through close cooperation with clinical experts and institutions throughout the world, transitioning cutting-edge science into robust, reliable clinical products, recruiting engineers and specialists that want to make an impact in the medical space, be proud of their work and the benefit it has to the UK and beyond. We want to get the most of your expertise during working hours by providing a challenging and worthwhile investment of your time. We will provide opportunities to take new responsibility and learn with us as we grow, We are a small company, your voice will be heard and your talents and efforts make a direct impact on company success with the concomitant financial rewards. We want to offer a place where, in a few years, you can say I learned, I took responsibility, we did that, its cool and worthwhile.
NOTE: No Recruiters or Agencies Please!